The past few weeks I had let myself go quite a little, no time for blogging or trying new recipes, nor eating super healthy. Winter and a big cold have gnawed on me. But finally, Spring and myself are back on track. So I am very eager to bring some fresh colour into my daily diet again. A perfect start to getting Spring on the table is my homemade Mango Coconut Yogurt.
The Mango Coconut Yogurt is very easy to make. But be cautious, once eaten you might never want to go back to ready-made fruit yogurt from the supermarket. Because once self-made, always self-made 🙂
But not only is the flavour convincing here. With homemade fruit yoghurt, you always know exactly what it contains of. No additives or preservatives and no hidden sugars or other industrially produced flavors. Just whatever you add here, plus many vitamins and minerals.
Mangos contain mainly beta carotene, vitamins C and E and the minerals potassium, calcium and magnesium. A top combination that help strengthening our immune system and make us more stress-resistant. But Mangos are also quite low in fruit acid and easy to digest, so it even helps soothing our intestine. Therefore it is perfectly complementing yoghurt, which has the ability of improving the intestinal flora and to strengthening our immune system.
Curious? Here is how you make the Mango Coconut Yogurt:
- 1 Mango
- 250 g Natural yoghurt (mild)
- 4 tsp Coconut flakes
- 2 tbs Agave Syrup*
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbs Coconut milk*
- First of all, you peel and pit the mango and cut it into pieces. Using a hand blender puree the mango pieces into a uniform mango mush.
- Now add coconut flakes, agave syrup, chia seeds and the coconut milk to your yoghurt and stir until well combined.
- Divide your mango purée in two parts and add each part to the bottom of your glass container and then add your coconut yogurt on top of the puree.
- * You can always exchange ingredients with any other milk or natural sweetener, such as honey or maple syrup etc.
Enjoy your yoghurt at breakfast or at work as a healthy snack.