Now being finally back to the food-blogger-world, I would like to introduce you to a super delicious Egg Muffin recipe. Perfect for those who can’t do without a savory breakfast in the mornings due to lack of time.
The Egg Muffins are super easy to prepare and an ideal grab-and-go breakfast for hectic mornings. They can be kept in the refrigerator for few days, so you can easily prepare a chunk of muffins ahead and simply warm them up in the morning.
The Egg Muffins can be totally customized to your personal needs and desires. Whether you prefer it vegetarian, with or without cheese or simply with different choices of vegetables, you pick and chose as you wish. No matter how you chose your muffin to be, in any case they help kickstarting your day due to their many proteins. Proteins are also keeping you saturated for much longer and can stimulate your metabolism. And who would not like that?
Besides the eggs my recipe also contains green asparagus, tomatoes, fresh mushrooms and bacon. Green asparagus adds some plant based proteins, magnesium, dietary fiber, vitamin C and vitamin B to the mixture. Especially magnesium, vitamin B and C help stress-strained people to calm their nerves and ultimately fight against stress.
And that’s how you do them:
- 1x tomato
- 3x heads of mushrooms
- 5x green asparagus
- 1/2 handful of chopped bacon
- 6x eggs
- half table spoon of salt and some pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk the eggs until smooth.
- Add all your other ingredients to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.