I am not sure about you, but I’m always so pleased with myself when i do eventually manage to preparing meals ahead at weekends. Especially when it comes to some tasty and healthy office snacks, which help keeping my sweet tongue under control. Right now I am totally in love with my newest addition, the Quinoa Granola Bar.
This snack is full of energy, especially due to the great combination of quinoa, oatmeal and peanut butter. It contains many proteins and important nutrients such as magnesium, iron and vitamin E and B, that help us to become more balanced and less stress-prone. Quinoa is also gluten-free. So feel free to use gluten-free oatmeal instead of the standard one, in case you prefer a gluten-free snack. And of course, the whole thing is vegan too. Jackpot 😉
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Honey (vegan: agave syrup)
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries)
- 1/2 cup flax seed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seed
- 3/4 cup mix of chia/sunflower seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- First of all add all wet ingredients to a middle sized bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Now add all dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until all dry ingredients are covered with the honey-peanut butter mix.
- Add some backing parchment to your baking pan and spread your mixture evenly. Make sure you press your mixture to one big tight piece.
- Bake for around 20 minutes at 190 degrees until golden.
- Once done let it cool until your mixture is less soft. Now cut in pieces.